My latest University Business column is now available in the February issue as well as online: Location, location, location: Should institutions dive into Foursquare and other location-based services?
In this column, I take a look at the newest shiny toys weve been playing with for a few months now in higher education: location-based services.
My goal for this article was to discuss if (and in which cases) institutions should go ballistic with Foursquare, Gowalla, SCNVGR and other location-based services
Location, Location, Location
I would love to hear what YOU think.
Do you think its time for higher ed to embrace location-based services? Whats your experience at your institution? Are your students checking in like crazy or is it pretty quiet?
- Analytics: The Holy Grail of Social Media in #highered?
- College Versus High School: What’s the Difference?
- Lessons learned from Texas A&M University Social Media Scavenger Hunt
- edRover Named a Top 25 Finalist in Philanthropic Small Business of the Year for 3rd Annual Classy Awards
- Advantages of Apartment Near Schools